Sat, 04 Jan|
Girton Community Centre
NEW YEAR "SATTVA" [WORKSHOP]
A workshop to guide you into the new year with harmony, grace, strength and vitality. Discover how to combine the power of Ayurveda, with yoga, breath-work and aromatherapy to awaken 'sattva' (peaceful goodness and balance).
Time & Location
04 Jan 2020, 10:00 – 13:00
Girton Community Centre, 9 Wellbrook Way, Girton, Cambridge CB3 0FW, UK
Sattva: the quality of peaceful goodness and balance. A life lived full of love, serenitiy, selflessness and harmony.
“Possessing strength and stillness is a sign of balance: power and serenity combined in one moment. It’s challenging enough to hold either one, let alone both, in perfect equipoise, but that is the goal if we want to be balanced.”
― Sebastian Pole
This New Year workshop will introduce you to the basic principles of Ayurveda in a practical and accessible way. We’ll learn about the three “doshas” that represent your unique constitution, explore the idea of living a “sattvic” lifestyle and discover the daily tools that can be used to move us towards a place of love, serenity, selflessness and harmony including yoga, breath-work, and aromatherapy.
You can expect a full-spectrum yoga practice that encompasses elements of movement, meditation and breathwork, creatively crafted to draw you towards a place of equilibrium - dynamic and still, fluid and steady, enlivening and restoring. This will come together in a yoga nidra practice that offers the perfect opportunity to plant and tender your personal intentions for the following year.
It’s my wish that you come away from this three-hour workshop with a deep feeling of connection to yourself, your loved ones and nature in the purest sense, as well as a range of tools that’ll help bring you towards a place of ‘sattva’ throughout 2020.
- learn about the basic principles of Ayurveda
- identify your dosha (“vata”, “pitta” or “kapha”)
- explore the holistic use of essential oils and aromatherapy
- enjoy a balancing, full-spectrum yoga practice that weaves together meditation, breath work and movement
- plant your New Year’s intentions during a yoga nidra practice
- discover tools that’ll help you feel more balanced, connected and light
- recognise how a ‘sattvic’ lifestyle can support us in living in alignment with our deepest truths and values